Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Da's Day!


No, he's not a new Dad, but he's certainly a new Da Da. I feel bad because Mother's Day of 2007 was again, something that I could not match. How does that happen? I couldn't compare to my 40th birthday and I certainly couldn't compare to Mother's Day. But, this will have to do.

I may or may not have told you about the new camera that we got before we went to China. It is for every holiday until the year 2014, at least that is what Pat says. Anyway, I thought what better way to give him a gift that has special meaning and that showed the gift that we received for Mother's day. This is his Father's Day picture that I took for him. I took the picture and my dear friend Alison worked her magic with Photoshop. She converted it to black and white and added the color on the ribbon and a host of other odds and ends. I don't have that program (yet) so she took care of me. She is a wonderful friend. Thanks Alison!

Pat is a fabulous Father, he's the best. I pray daily that our children grow up with his integrity and honor. He provides for us, loves us, and keeps us laughing - at least I think that he's funny. Sometimes, the boys just look at him. Now, my heart melts when I watch him with Jadyn. Oh, how he loves that little girl. We are in so much trouble. The two of them will be a dangerous combination. The scary part is that she understands already that she's pretty much got him wrapped around her little finger. What a sweet change in our lives. Happy Father's Day Pat, we love you very much.

7 comments:

Alison B. said...

Awww

Tammy said...

I LOVE the photo! I follow your blog and I have enjoyed hearing all God is doing in your family. How did you make the photo B/W with just the thread red? Was it Photoshop? It is terrific! Thanks for sharing your journey. It is a blessing to more people that you probably know.
GO GOD!

Sissy said...

Oh what a great photo! It was wonderful seeing you all...even though Jadyn was in a bad mood...LOL! She was a hoot and her E TN family loved every minute with her. I have a feeling we'll be down within the next two or three weeks. Love, Sissy

Amy said...

Yes, Tammy, it is Photoshop. I don't have the program so my dear friend Alison helped (bailed) me out. I emailed her the pic and she worked her magic. Thanks Alison. I am so happy with the way the picture turned out. It looks great in the black frame with white mat.

Sweet To Our Seoul said...

How Sweet!! I am sure Pat had one of the best Da's day ever!

-April

Gwen Oatsvall said...

super cute picture ... can't wait to visit and catch up soon ...

Ruth said...

OH I love it what a great picture. To sweet.