That is exactly what I heard at the other end of the phone this morning. I knew Jadyn had the phone, but I thought she had her toy cell phone, which makes a sound when you press the buttons, then it happened - I heard the words that no one EVER wants to hear "what is your emergency". NOOOOOOOOO! but yes, she did - Jadyn called 911. Obviously, it was random, I don't think they have 911 in China, but nonetheless, she pressed the right buttons, in the right order. I talked with the nice lady in dispatch and she said that they are required to send an officer out - oh yay! I told her that I must go and get some decent clothes on (at least a bra) and get ready for the lecture.
Now, here's the a little of the events that transpired. The officer did in fact, show up at the door. I went to the door with my most humble, groveling look on my face and Jadyn on my hip. "Mam, tell me what happened." "Well officer, I didn't know that she had the REAL phone and the next thing I know, I heard those words and knew that the deed had been done" "Mam, please don't let her play with the phone", "Yes sir, I know and I will make sure that she doesn't play with the phone."
Now the strange part - "so, were you on the list a long time to adopt from China?" "Well, we began the process in May 2005 and we got her in May 2007".
"Wow, that's a long wait - why so long?"
"It's according to who you ask - some say not enough babies etc." (and I went on to explain some of the reasons that I think is causing the slow down)
After about a 5 minute or so conversation about the situation of orphans in China, he said, "This is really strange, but my wife and I cannot have children and we are seriously considering adopting from China". Suddenly, I got chills.
"Which department do you work in at City Hall?" he said.
"Finanace" I responded.
"Would it be okay with you if I came by your desk and talked with you about adoption further?" he asked.
"Hey, anytime" I said, "I love to talk about adoption".
"My wife would probably love to talk to you too, if that would be okay?" he said.
"Absolutely"
"I'm really glad that I ran into you today, thanks" he said, and walked back to his police car.
"And again, I am REALLY sorry" I groveled.
"No big deal" he said as he headed back to work.
Now, ask yourself this.
Embarassing? - Your better believe it!
Accident? - I think not. We just never know how God will choose to use those little hands and feet, and today, I was reminded that those little hands and feet belong to Him.
Amy and Jadyn (who now has a record)
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
911...What Is Your Emergency?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Precious, precious story about there being no accidental, chance meetings with God!
This gave me chills.
I cannot believe you got two mug shots of her!!! OMgosh..that is hilarious!! You are great!! God is great!! What a story.
Love,
Terri
What an awesome story - God is SO BIG, isn't He?!?!? I will pray for them - it's not a coincidence!!! :) AND, I'd say you've got a smart girl on your hands!!!!
Love the mug shots, but love the story even more!!! How amazing. God had a plan for you to meet that officer and used those precious fingers to make it happen.
Awe! Great post, Amy! I love it when God works stuff like that!
WOW - what an amazing story. Before we started our paperwork we were always running into people that had adopted from China. It is amazing how God puts people in your path...
"Coincidence is God's way of staying anonymous" -- Unknown
And I'd say it's no coincidence that that particular officer showed up at your door. How awesome is our God ??!!!?? (Rhetorical question, 'cause I can't answer it!)
Thanks for sharing a fantastic story!
Amy M. :)
Well, at least, it sounds like your 911 story had a purpose. Ethan did the same thing around the same age. Tim didn't bother telling me they would be coming out to follow-up on the call even though it occurred to him that they would. So, it's about 7:00am, and I'm sitting at the dining room table with Ethan in my nightshirt (AKA some t-shirt you never wear in public--and of course no bra). Tim answers the door, the officer steps INTO the house immediately AND yes that door does open into the dining room. Needless to say, I stayed seated for the entire conversation.
There's your laugh for today.
Christa K
that is one for the books .... our little jadyn already a missionary for the orphans in china !!!! you go girl! she may need to put them on speed dial ...lol
Oooh, I got chills too! What a great story to tell her when she gets older.
Snick :)
dd Sunshine 6
dd Brilliance 14 months, home for 3 weeks
Post a Comment