Thursday, August 30, 2007

Baby J Goes to School




August 13, 2007

It's the day that I have been dreading for quite some time. I knew that eventually I would have to go back to work. The decision had been made. We would start Jadyn in Creative Learning Center at the church. Well, let me just tell you, it was one of THE HARDEST things that I have ever done in my ENTIRE life. When Seth was still 4 years old, I marched him into kindergarten at South Fort Worth Elementary and dropped him off in a class that he and one other child were English speaking, right smack dab in the middle of the worst part of town. Now that's kahunas! Oh sure, there were a few tears (by me, not Seth) but never did I consider grabbing him and making a break for it.

Fast forward to the morning of 8/13/07. I carried the sweetest little Chinese girl in the world down to that big, awful church and threw her to the wolves, alone and scared. Okay, so maybe part of that is not entirely true, but that's what it seemed like at the time. Maybe it was the cloud of smoke from the squealing tires on my mini van as I sped from the parking lot that had clouded my mind, but I just don't remember it being this bad with the boys. I am not sure that I even hesitated with Zac. (I hope he doesn't read this) But let me confess this, I could have grabbed her up, ran out the back door, and never looked back. But, boy oh boy, would there have been an argument when Pat got home. Did I mention that it was tough leaving that little baby?

It's been 2 1/2 weeks, and there is much less wailing and gnashing of teeth in the mornings when we drop her off. In fact, she still cries, but we are definitely pass the screaming stage. A little crying is okay, after all, do I really want to drop her off and she act like she enjoys going there? (Say this with great sarcasm) After all, would I not then switch to what's wrong with me, why don't she want to be with me? Yep, I'm convinced that having a 1 year old in your forties propels you the the brink of insanity. First, the ramblings begin, then you find yourself ...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is great...it's good that her Daddy is right down the hall- in case of emergency!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i know exactly how you feel ... dropping Elijah off at a school last monday where his daddy and brother were not at just about did me in ...had to wear my sunglasses out of the building so no one could see me crying ...