Saturday, February 07, 2009

We Have a New Daughter!


We are please to announce that we have received the referral of our beautiful Ethiopian daughter. We got the call at 1:28 pm yesterday from Abbey, our social worker. We were so surprised.

Of course, Pat was in Murfreesboro and I had to call him to tell him to get himself home - NOW. I told Abbey I would call her back when he got home, ran and got the video camera set up and waited on him to get here. Finally, they made it home and we called her back. She wasn't at her desk because that would have been much too easy, so I left a message. Soon, she called back and she emailed the information/pictures to us. We all gathered around the computer and opened the email.

Because of Ethiopian law, we can't post pictures in a public forum, blog etc. until after our court date. Just take my word, she is BEAUTIFUL. She is a little peanut, 23 lbs, but has the biggest eyes ever. Her eyes are the biggest part of her. She will be 2 this month on 2/28 and we are so sad that we won't be there for her birthday. But, we'll make up for it when we get her home. Pray, pray, pray for a speedy court date and that we pass the first time. We just want her home.

We are blessed beyond anything that we could hope for or imagine. We are praising God for His faithfulness and for His goodness. Thank you for sharing in our joy and rejoicing with us. God is good.

14 comments:

mblatham said...

Email me at mblatham@charter.net with your address when you have time. I found a cute little Ethopian storybook that I picked up for you and just haven't had time to email you and mail it. Now seems like a great time.

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you! Can't wait to see all of her! She shares Lizzie's birthday. Lots of love!
Michale

Chelle said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. Can't wait to see pictures. What a blessing.

Laura said...

YEAH!!! Can't wait for the court date so that you can post pictures!!!

By the way, I went to college with a guy (David McDurham) who has recently adopted a beautiful little girl from Ethiopia! You can check out his blog at http://aroundtheworldand2kids.wordpress.com/. They are also in the process of adopting from China!

Congrats on your wonderful news!!

Kelly said...

Congratulations Hood Family!!!!

Can't wait to see more :o)

Laura L. said...

Wow, that is awesome news! Congratulations!
I was wondering just the other day how soon you might get a referral.

I will look forward to seeing her photo sometime. I'm sure she's beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys. Love the pics I saw today. She's beautiful! Cannot wait to meet her in person.
Rebecca

marypendarvis said...

Hi Amy,I am so happy for your family and for your new little girl.Talk to me sometime,it has been so long.Love you and God bless, Mary Ann

pendarvismary@yahoo.com

dreamingBIGdreams said...

yippee!!!!
is that picture up there a part of her???

thebicefamily said...

I'm so excited for you!!!

Amy said...

My family is so very happy for you all!! Congrats! And she is absolutely adorable. Loved the pictures at church.

Natalie said...

Amy, first of all, congratulations on your sweet new baby girl! I cannot imagine how happy you all must be. I hope it's not long before she's in your arms!

Your blog is very cute!
I'll have to come back and browse again when I have more time

Debbie said...

That is the best news!!! Congratulations!!!

God bless!!
Debbie

Andrea Nielsen said...

OH, I am so excitied for you! I can't wait to hear that your court date goes well, that you are part of the 70% that go through the first time and that your sweet baby girl is home soon. can't wait to see her picture! I have friends in the process of adopting from Ethiopia also... 3 months wait so far for them. Prayers and excitement are coming your way!!!!!
Andrea and Lillie