Monday, March 09, 2009

Here's a Funny for You

We have this thing here at the Hood house where Zac argues with Jadyn back and forth saying "that's MY Mommy" and so on and so forth. I truly believe they would spend hours arguing over this fact.

What is really funny when the name Daddy becomes involved.

Last night Zac said "that's MY Mommy" and the argument ensued. Jadyn immediately bristles and with quite the bark in her voice says "that's MY Mommy. It continues and has a tendency to get louder and louder. During the course of the argument, Zac always says "well, that's MY Daddy". To which Jadyn promptly responds EVERY TIME "well, that's MY Mommy". We all laugh, Pat realizes his place in the food chain and Jadyn is triumphant as she marvels at her arguing skills.

I was standing in the kitchen during the said argument and Pat had stepped into the little pastor's room. Jadyn was arguing with Zachary and suddenly he threw her a curve. Zac said to Jadyn "that's YOUR Daddy" To which Jadyn promptly and loudly replied "NO, that's YOUR Daddy and that's MY Mommy"!

I'm telling, that child is a genius. She will NOT be out argued.

To this I must ask myself one question. Why is it that EVERYONE in my house will not settle for being outdone?

Sheesh!

Have a fun Monday!

8 comments:

Tony C said...

You're not alone Amy. I'm seriously outnumbered in my home (3-1)...but I hold my own (at lest in my mind).

Great pictures! God bless.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!!! Just too funny! Thanks for the chuckle..I can almost picture the scene. :)

Unknown said...

TOO FUNNY!!! Who knows, maybe your little Chinese princess will grow up to be an attorney or a Christian apologist some day! LOL

Anonymous said...

Who can resist a good family argument? Please tell Jadyn that Mrs. Angie said, "I knew your Mommy first!!!!" :-D

Susan said...

That is SO FUNNY! I am glad she's gotten down to marking her territory. Hope she shares with AK!

Natalie said...

Hi Amy!!
I was laughing as I read your post. I am so familiar with this type of conversation between both of my girls and neither one will back down!
It's too cute and I'm glad you shared your fun story!
Natalie

Tiffany said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAA! OMGoooodness that was funny! I needed a laugh today and that was just perfect!

Andrea said...

HAHA! I have a sister that is 12 years younger than me and she used to do things similar to that--we used to say she needed to grow up and be a lawyer because NOBODY in our family ever won an argument with her. Today she is 29 and is an attorney with the 2nd Court of Appeals in Ft. Worth, TX. HA!