Here is the post from May 7, 2007, we were headed to China. I cannot believe it's been 2 years. What an exciting 2 years it has been. I will be posting all this week about our adventure. Let's take a stroll down memory lane, shall we?
May 07, 2007
WE'RE OFF!!!!
I can't believe it's finally here. We flew out of Nashville this morning at 8:12 & are now sitting in the Detroit airport waiting for our connecting flight to Tokyo. It'll take us about 24 hours to arrive in Beijing...this really gives new meaning to the phrase "slow boat to China."
We've been waiting for this day for two years & it seems almost surreal. I'll be updating my blog every day, complete with pictures & maybe even a little video, so check in & see where our adventure takes us.
We won't arrive in Beijing until 9:25 tomorrow night, which will be 8:25 AM in Nashville. We're being picked up by some missionaries & we'll stay the first night at their home. They'll take us to our hotel on Wednesday evening, China Time, so it may be Wednesday morning, Nashville time, before I'm able to have Internet access & give you an update.
If I have a chance between now & then, count on an update.
Until then, please pray that we all stay healthy & safe. Pray for Jadyn to have as little problems as possible attaching to us when we pick her up on Sunday. Pray that all the families with us have an incredible experience.
Thursday, May 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I can still remember that Sunday morning @ church on Mother's Day weeping--watching you guys w/your new daughter!! God is so good!!
Post a Comment