Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Fuling Orphanage Video, Fuling China

This video was taken fairly recently at Jadyn's orphanage. It's
just one of the many facilities in China that these precious
children call home. Get yourself a tissue.



Last year, this song wrecked me, and this year it really starts the wheels in my head turning. Watch this video, if you have never considered adopting, listen carefully to the words - they tug at your heart strings, if you are in the process of adopting - go ahead, have a good cry, and if you have your children home where they belong - give them an extra kiss and a hug. Adoption really does change your life.

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

aaacckkkkk! You warned me about the tissue....but I didn't have one handy and watched anyway. Those poor babies don't even get held while taking their bottles. I'll be praying their forever families get there really soon!

You guys are in for a whopper of a Christmas this year, aren't you?? No tears this time.....well, maybe some happy ones. Love you guys!

Amy said...

Yeah, I warned you. And yes, they prop their bottles until they get big enough to hold the handle, then they hold them themselves. Jadyn wouldn't let us hold her bottle for her for a few weeks after we got home.

And you're exactly right, I'm sure that there will be tears this Christmas too, but happy ones!

Thanks Jeanne for checking in on us and for commenting!

Amy

Anonymous said...

You are killing me! Seriously, those babies are precious, if I could leave at this moment to go over there, I would. I have listened to that song a hundred times so far this Christmas and can't get through it w/o Crying.
Thanks for sharing the video with us.

The Johnson Family said...

Okay so I am hysterical now, they are so precious and I know the families waiting for these sweet little ones will be so blessed by them. Adoption is such an incredible journey and I am praying all God's childrens get home soon. I am so glad your tears will be happy this christmas! I am praying for a new years gotcha day what better way to start 2008 than with my sweet Savannah-Hope. I love the song!

MarkandMar said...

I was doing a search on the earthquake that hit China on Friday and I saw your link. Thank you so very much for sharing your videos and the beautiful way you did them. We adopted twice from China, our first Elizabeth was from Fuling SWI as was your daughter. We didn't get to go to the Fuling so having your video was very special. Elizabeth's Gotcha Day was December 18, 2002. We were blessed to spend both Christmas and New Years in China. We adopted Emily, on October 10, 2004 from Huazhou near Guangzhou. We know exactly how you all feel and we are all connected. I know how grateful we all are to have these beautiful children in our lives, how blessed we are to be called parents!