Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Time is Here

We are loaded up and ready to go. This was in the driveway - we were planning to leave at 4:30pm and it was 4:32pm - Go Hoods! that is an accomplishment in and of itself. Of course, we were not quite out of the neighborhood and had to go back for my camera - Boo Amy! now, that's more like it. Seth was talking to my brother and sister-in-law.

Good, we made it. We are riding the people mover, on our way in the airport. Another proud moment for the Hoods!

This is quite typical of the looks that Seth gives Zachary, of course, Zac don't pay much attention to Seth's looks - after all, he's taller than Seth.

This is where things took a turn for the worse. American Airlines was not going to let him get on the plane because he did not have a Malaysian visa (which he is NOT required to have) and said that he would be deported when he got to Malaysia. We told her that we would take our chances, but apparently this AA ticket girl is in charge of the WHOLE Malaysian immigration department. I wanted to say "call them and tell him to be on the look out for him, he wearig a green shirt", but I thought it best to keep my big mouth shut. Pat was mad enough for all of us! :) She sent us to another lady who processed it right on thru, then 5 minutes later, called Seth over the intercom because the Malaysian Immigration Representative for AA (NOT) had talked with her. We went through the same dance with her and finally, she called China Air - they said "no problem" and we were on our way - again. It was, however, quite the scene.

The Zehrs, the Mills, the Overbys and our family gathered around and prayed over Seth. It was a tearful and powerful moment. Thank you guys for making the trek to the airport, you will absolutely NEVER know what it meant to us (me especially) to have that support.

One last quick family picture, not sure why Jadyn looks like she had been in a wind tunnel. I was trying to keep my composure and not fall onto the floor in a fetal position, okay, maybe it wasn't that bad - but I REALLY wanted to burst into tears.

And from here, he was on his own. Wow, he got through that security gate, turned around and waved too us, then came the tears. Seth, we are so very proud of you! We then went to Toots and stuffed our faces - food always helps you know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

First of all, YOU LOOK GOOD, GIRL! Chasing that toddler around the house is doing wonders for you!! You look about 10 years younger than the last time I saw you.

Second, this is such a sweet diary of your day with your boy. Here are the things that really stand out to me:

1. In the family picture, you look wonderful but I can tell you are about to lose it. I would be, too!

2. Does the AA lady have hair left? I would have snatched her baldheaded!

3. I never dreamed Zachary would be taller than Seth!!

Praying for you!
Dori

Amy said...

If you were close Dori, I would kiss you!

A

lauraknight said...

I saw on Seth's blog that he made is safely. We are so thankful for that.

Praying for you today.