Apparently, I am working way too hard.
So here's the deal. I went on 5/9/08 to get fingerprinted for the USCIS. While I was there, the lady doing the fingerprinting said "don't be surprised if you have to be re-fingerprinted, you have worn off your fingerprints." WHAT??? I didn't know that you could do that.
So, I kind of blew it off. There VERY next day, in the mail I received my fingerprint packet from the FBI (different set of fingerprints). Pat's sailed through, mine, REJECTED!!! Talk about an insult. So, I went back to the Smyrna PD and had my fingerprints done AGAIN, overnighted them back to the FBI and I am waiting to hear back on the 2nd set.
On Saturday, I received an office letter from the Department of Homeland Security, looking suspiciously like a fingerprint notice. When I opened it, it was a fingerprint appointment scheduled for 10/27/08 at 10:00 a.m. because my first set of USICIS fingerprints were REJECTED also. So, what do I do? I can't believe that I have worn my fingerprints off. I've been using lots of lotion but my hands are very soft, if I do say so myself. This is making me nuts. Why is it always one thing right after another? Some one encourage me, please! Tell me to quit working so hard or some other wonderful words of wisdom. Maybe I should hire a housekeeper, yeah, that's probably the answer. Now, I just have to convince Pat.
Anyway, pray that my fingerprints return, from where ever they have gone. Pray that I have no big issues on Tuesday and that they are able to get this done this time.
Thanks for reading,
Amy
(BTW, I am risking wearing off more of my fingerprints just by typing this post, now that's a committed blogger)


5 comments:
I feel your frustration! We are adopting from China. We have been waiting 25 months now so we had to re-do our fingerprinting. I don't remember them saying anything the first time about fingerprints wearing off. The 2nd time the lady kept talking about it. Made me paranoid. Then you have to deal with USCIS. We've been waiting for 2 months for our updated I171H. They are impossible to get info from. I know you have first hand knowledge of how all this hassle is worth it in the end. I follow your blog regularly to keep up the hope. Your daughter is beautiful. I am thrilled that you are adopting again. I will pray things go smoothly from here on out. Sounds like you zoomed through your paperwork if you're already doing fingerprinting. Hang in there. I know many others are praying too.
I don't know, girl, but whatever that lotion is I want to know the name! I need it for my feet -- sandal season is here!!! :)
Two Words -- MOLLY MAIDS!
Praying,
Dori
I had my fingerprints done today for our next adoption! The lady looked at my left hand and asked if I was left handed. I said no...why? She said that my prints on my left hand were almost completely worn down. How does that happen? I'm right handed! Sorry for your struggle but glad to know it isn't just me!
Angeline Hale
I'm just thinking--aren't your finerprints what ever your finger prints are? Worn off or not, they are what they are, right? Praying for things to go smooth, but not your finger tips to be too smooth-so that they can get all the proper grooves :o)
Great time to pull off "break in"! Sorry, that's the only encouragement I can think of right now! Good luck! ss
Post a Comment