Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's That Time of The Year!






Wow, it's hard to believe that it's time to get back into the swing of things and start back to school. We had a great summer, but as summer is quickly coming to a close, I have tried to spend time preparing Jadyn for her return to school. Well, as much as you can prepare a 2 year old. We have talked about it, or at least I have talked about it, Jadyn, not so much.

This past Monday was the big day. Actually, it was not quite as bad as what I had anticipated. She cried a little Monday morning but the other 3 days, no tears. She wasn't exactly thrilled about being there, but no tears nonetheless. She has been going through this very clingy stage, this I blame on Ted Koppel. Another post for another time. So, I was concerned that she would melt down when it came to leaving her at school. It seems as though I was wrong and I am VERY grateful for this. Here are a few pics from her big day. Doesn't she look like such a big girl? She is growing up too fast. Where does the time go?

4 comments:

Mandi said...

She is just too cute. Glad she is doing well.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear she did well...and I suppose you are doing ok with it too?? :) Sometimes it seems harder on us parents..we try to prepare the children and then us parents have the meltdowns after leaving the little ones.
Hugs~

Anonymous said...

hmm...my grammer sounds awful in the above post. LOL 'We are the ones that have the meltdowns' would have sounded better. Much to be said about proofing a post before hitting the publish button, huh? :)

Janeen Jordan said...

She's such a doll!!...and looks like a pro marching off with her bookbag and lunch bag - enjoy these days--I know you will.