Friday, August 29, 2008

Thanks a Bunch!

Well, the poll has closed, the voting has ended and we are not one bit closer to deciding on a name. I am lobbying for a couple of names that were not even on the poll.

Thanks to all that voted and gave me their opinion. Sorry for those of you that told me what you DIDN'T like, because when we name her that name, I will tell her that you don't like it. :) Okay, maybe I won't, maybe I will have forgotten by then.

Maybe.

I'm still taking suggestions, looking into a few names, and getting generally frustrated by the whole thing.

No, our I171H is STILL not here, believe me, you would have read it by now if it had came. It has been almost 5 months since I filed our original request. What is up with that? Don't get me started on that one.

BTW, I have our Ethiopia blog up and running and will now, formally switch any updates etc. to that blog. You can find it at the link on the side or you can click here and go there. It's still a work in progress, but I am working on getting all the information in my notebook transferred to her blog. Enjoy reading yet another blog. I'll be posting on that blog a name, IF, we ever decide on one. So, hop on over and check it out. I think it looks great.

Oh, and our friends and fellow FBC staff member and wife, Chris and Dawn, were added to the Ethiopia waiting list TODAY! Hooray! They are in the process of adopting our baby girl's husband. :) I think arranged marriages are a great idea! We are both using the same agency and we are so excited about walking this journey along side of them. Who knows, maybe we can travel together. I worried about our daughter not having a connection to her country because there was no one else in the church that had adopted from Ethiopia. Jadyn has such a strong connection as there are so many families with girls adopted from China and I prayed and prayed for this baby to have a connection also. The day we announced to the church that we are adopting from Ethiopia, Chris and Dawn pulled me aside and said that they were ready to start the process of adoption and that felt God was leading them to adopt from Ethiopia. Mmmm, mmmmm, mmmmm, ain't God good? There is our baby girls connection to her country and her culture. This is only the beginning of great things to come. I just know it. Congratulations Chris and Dawn, we are very excited for you.

3 comments:

Janeen Jordan said...

I'm sure whatever name you pick will be perfect! We had lots of people giving us advice on the twins -- didn't go with any of 'em! :O)
How fun that you guys and the H's are adopting from Ethiopia--what a wonderful thing if you got to travel together!! It will be awesome to have that support and connection through the process and afterwards! Hope your wait isn't much longer!!!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

you are going to keep me busy hoping around on blogs aren't you ...lol ... i want a texted when the I71H arrives, so i can do my happy dance.

SUZANNE said...

Hey Amy. I couldn't find your email address, so I decided to post it on comments. I just wanted to see if you would like to donate a gift certificate for one of your custom creations for the GNO event on September 19. I thought this would be a great way to advertise that you are now in the sewing business. Just email me at suzanneandscott@comcast.net when you get a chance.

Thanks,
Suzanne