It has taken me several days after viewing the following video to process what I saw. To say that it touched me is an understatement. In discussing this with my friend Susan, she posed the question that I have had rolling around in my head but was unable to put into words, "what do you do with this kind of information?"
Speechless.
As I finished this video, I was left speechless. Literally. Very few things leave me unable to form words, but this video did. But, very quickly, I found myself crying out to my God. Again, I say, what is the significance of my existence? Am I REALLY making a difference in this world. Could I, realistically, hop on over to Expedia and book a plane ticket to Uganda? No. Does that change the fact that I have a responsibility? No.
But, what?
What responsibility do I have after receiving this kind of information? This is not 35 years ago, when your parents were telling you about the starving children in Africa, this is here, this is NOW. This are 3 children who are most likely orphaned by AIDS, left to care for themselves, with no provisions to do so.
There is money being sent to Africa through many different organizations - some very good, some, not so good. I have a heart for children, I have a heart for orphans, I have a heart for Africa. This video shook me to my core. Let me warn you, it is VERY hard to watch. Probably, as hard as most anything that I have ever seen.
So, I'm asking you, that if you choose to watch it. First, pray and ask God what He wants you to do with this information. Then proceed with caution. I know that it will shake you to your very core, as it did me. Then, let me know what you think, when you are once again able to form words and/or thoughts.
Leave me a comment and answer the question - What do I do with this information?


4 comments:
I had similar thoughts when I watched this video. I don't have many words yet. I don't know what I am to do with this information either. I'd love to talk more!
I still don't know what to do with this. I was at work when I watched it and bawled all the way home. I know we are called to the Maninka and I know we are going with a job description of church planters....but when God called me in January of 2007...not Rick...me...He called me using a book about AIDS orphans. And for weeks and months after I heard His voice, I had dreams of children in Africa and I woke in the middle of the night with the first thoughts being of children in Africa. I don't think any of that is coincidence. But at the same time I don't know what to do with this. I do know my heart has been so burdened since seeing this video. God's up to something big, Amy. I just feel it.
Amy,
It has taken me a couple of days to be able to respond. I cried when I watched this for hours. I couldn't stop and even when I tried to close my eyes to sleep, all I could see were those eyes. I know that God has moved in mine and Tommy's life as we wait for Madison to come home from China, but I know he is not done with me and he wants more. I just am not sure what yet. My heart is with the children of this world! I cannot quit thinking about this video and I am just praying that God uses this to lead me! Thanks for sending this, sometimes we need these nudges from God.
Tammy
Amy, oh dear sweet Jesus.As I began watching this I was stuffing my face with Munchos,what I would give to reach out and hand these babies and muncho.We must pray without ceasing.Eddie has been to Africa and has the opportunity to go back,he is praying about it.If only he could bring all these children home to us.I love you and your precious spirit. Bobbye Carol
Post a Comment