Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Gotcha Day Letter to My Daughter



My Dearest Jadyn,

It's so hard to believe that 2 years ago today, my life was changed forever. I am not sure that I even realized how much of an impact you would have on our lives. Oh, I knew that things would change on the outside. There would be babysitters to find, toys to pick up, doll shoes to step on, sleepless nights, ear infections, potty training and the list goes on and on. But change me on the inside?

When we made the decision to adopt, we knew in our hearts that we had a daughter in China. We did not know you name, or when we would get to bring you home. We did not know what you would look like or if you would even like us. One thing that we knew for sure, we knew that God was in complete control of leading us to you. We began the process on May 2005 and thought that we would have a very short period of waiting, little did we know. Every time I reflect on these times, I remember how very hard it was waiting to bring you home.

Jadyn, I pray one day that you will understand the mountains that you have moved. You completely turned around the life of a brother, you forever changed the heart of another brother, and you have melted the heart of your father. As your mother, you have given me a renewed purpose in life. The role that you have played in changing so many things about our family is enormous. We are so very grateful to our Father in heaven for creating you for our family. Jadyn, we believe that even before the world was created, it was God's idea for you to be our daughter. I will always hold a special place in my heart for your China mommy. She loved you very much Jadyn, I am sure of that. When I look into your beautiful eyes, I think of her. I am so very thankful for her and love her for the gift that she gave us. The gift of you.

The past two years have gone by so fast. These 2 years went by much faster than the two years it took waiting for you. Oh, how anxious we were to bring you home. And, at the exact time that was ordained by God, you became our daughter. That day was May 13, 2007. Today, as we celebrate you day, we want you to know how very much we love you. As we were crowded in that little conference room on May 13, 2007 we realize now that we are bonded to the other families in that room with a very special bond. We shared something that not many people get to share. We saw God perform 14 miracles at one time in that room that day. Each child was placed into the arms of the family that they were created for. How very grateful we are that you were the daughter that He chose for us. Thank you, sweet Jadyn, for being you. For making us laugh, keeping us young, and helping us to see that we are called to take care of the children in this world that have no one to care for them. We consider it an honor and a privilege to be your parents. You have made our lives so much better. We love you with all our heart and cannot wait to see what God has in store for your life.

I love you sweet girl. Happy 2nd gotcha day!

Mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
What a beautiful letter! Jadyn is so sweet and is just so adorable. I could just squeeze her little cheeks! Thank you so much for sharing with us over the last couple of years. Jadyn has already changed the lives of people around her. I truly believe because of Jadyn and all the times you and Pat spoke of your journey, that God worked in the lives of our family and prepared us for our own journey to China. I too cannot wait for our angel to come home!

Tammy Comer

Anonymous said...

What a day that was in 2007! I am so thankful for our friendship over these past 2+ years. Miss you all!

Jebena said...

Your letter is precious and I am sure Jadyn will appreciate reading it over and over again as she grows into the young lady the LORD has called her to be!

PS>>>Thank you for taking the time to pray for our family. Your prayers are not taken lightly and we sincerely praise the LORD for you!