Just to hold you over, here is a recount of Jadyn's gotcha day. It was 2 years ago today that our beautiful daughter was placed in our arms. In a small conference room at the orphange in Fuling, China. Our lives have never been the same.
May 13, 2007
2 Mothers, 1 Gift
OK, I'm laying in the bed feeling guilty because I didn't make more of an effort to get some pictures posted, I did try - really I did, but I was just SO exhausted. After I got Jadyn to sleep, caught a few winks and woke up with you on my mind. This is the best that I can do until she is wide awake tomorrow. This was a risk, snapping pictures of a sleeping baby, what was I thinking?
Let me just answer those questions rolling around in your mind. Yes, we think she is absolutely beautiful. She is truly a treasure and "Bao" means treasure in Chinese. We were deeply saddened by the conditions of the orphanage. This is one of the better facilities in China, but still it is an orphanage. And we were reminded of this with our visit. We were somewhat shocked back to reality. There were times all four of us were sobbing. The boys hearts were truly broken to know that she spent the first year of her life here. They will come away from this trip forever changed. And that was our goal.
She is still pretty somber, although, we are seeing a little personality. She has begun to play with her toys a little, self feed from our hands (love those Gerber puffs) and seems to be letting her guard down. No smiles on camera yet. Maybe tomorrow. She has on her "gifted" pajamas because what a gift she is. She is truly beautiful. What a day it was, life changing at the very least. We will forever be connected to a family in this part of China. The family that gave us the gift of our daughter. Whether I can look out the hotel window and not realize that they are just over the hill, or they are somewhere many miles from here in the countryside, I will truly be forever connected to the woman who carried, gave birth to, and loved my child enough to give her a chance. When I look deep into her eyes, I can't help but think of her Mother on this Mother's day. The joy, elation and excitement of one Mother is paralleled by the pain and sadness of another Mother. One that I will never know. But, on this day, there is a Mother who prayed for another Mother and praised the Father above for the connection that the two of us will forever have. The connection sleeping soundly just a few feet from me. Our daughter Jadyn Grace BaoJun Hood. Truly a treasure.
And yes, in case you are wondering, that is MY bed she is sleeping in. I just didn't have the heart to put her in that port-o-crib. Not quite soft enough in my book. Pat's sleeping well in the other bed. ;)
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Happy Gotcha Day Jadyn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Good stuff Amy...very uplifting.
Thanks for the blessing, and I hope God continues blessing your family in a special way.
Pat, Amy,Seth, Zac, Jadyn, I am so thrilled to hear you good news..June 23rd is just around the corner..I can't wait to meet Alyza Kate, God is sooooooo good...Love & Prayers, Benny & Annie
Post a Comment