Saturday, January 23, 2010

Serve One, Save One by Drinking One (cup of coffee)


Littlemansmile Littlemanwindow

I know a lot of you think Pat & I are out of our minds. Adopting one orphan is one thing, but adopting three international orphans at our age? What in the world are we thinking? Well, we're simply thinking we want to be obedient to what God has called us to do.

God has gripped our heart for the 147 million orphans in the world. In James 1:27, He specifically told us, "Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world." We're so thankful to be a part of a church that takes God's Word very seriously. We have a large and growing number of people who are taking care of the world's orphans by adopting & many more who are taking care of orphans through sponsorship or by helping bring one home.

Amy & I didn't really do any kind of organized fund raising for Jadyn or Alyza Kate, but bringing Isaiah home so soon after Aly Kate is going to require that we try to raise a little cash. So, we've developed two different ways you can help.

First, buy some Java. We've set up an account with Just Love Coffee. You can go to our JLC webpage and order a bag (or ten). Believe me, this coffee ain't no joke. It's some of the best coffee I've tasted and you know that I'm a coffee snob. For every bag you buy we receive $5.00 . So, let's drink some coffee people. Why not buy yourself a couple of bags & also a friend a bag. They really do make a great gifts. To purchase go to www.justlovecoffee.com/hoodfamily

Justlove

Second, buy a T-Shirt for everyone in the family. I know you want to be stylish, so we've designed a few Tee's to help us bring Isaiah home. I really feel called to start a ministry that advocates for orphans called One Orphan. The title was born out of the statement, "I can't help them all, but I can help one." It is our prayer that once we have the funds that we need to bring Isaiah home, we can continue to support their orphanages, help families who are adopting, and sponsor unadoptable orphans worldwide. We desire for this ministry to help change the lives of many orphans in our world.

There are 147 million orphans in this world. That's a little overwhelming. I can't help them all, but I can help one. I can't save them all, but I can save one. I can't serve them all, but I can serve one. I can't sponsor them all, but I can sponsor one. You get the point.

So, we've designed a few shirts to help us save this ONE from a life with no parents & no name. You can be very fashionable as you sport a Save One or Serve One Tee or both. We have them in men's & women's. The long sleeve are the common Anvil Tee. The short sleeve are Next Level. They're much softer than the Anvil. The women's combo burnout is one of the hottest shirt's on the market.

We'll have these shirts next week. You can pre-order (please pre-order) by emailing me at amyrhood5@gmail.com. We need to sell about 250 shirts. So, you can also help us by getting the word out. Viral marketing is the best. So, help us bring our little man home.

The men's short sleeve Save One is charcoal.

The men's short sleeve Serve One is stonewashed denim.

The women's short sleeve Save One is silver. (S-XL only)

The women's short sleeve Serve One in black.

The ladies long sleeve combo burnout tee is dark chocolate & white. (S - XL only)

The long sleeve Anvil is black.

Sizes are S - 2XL

Prices are $25.00 for the short sleeve Next Level & the long sleeve Anvil for both men and women. The women's long sleeve combo burnout is $30.00

Remember, you can pre-order by emailing me at amyrhood5@gmail.com If you live away and would like to order, we will be glad to ship your shirt(s) to you. Shipping will be $5.00 extra on your total order.

1 comment:

Andie said...

Hey Amy. I emailed you an order for a shirt.

Praying for you guys!