Dear Mother,
Four years ago today, April 13, 2006, you delivered into this world a beautiful baby girl. For this, I will be forever grateful to you. Words cannot express my gratitude to you for what you have done. You gave life to my child. Because we live on two sides of the world, I began thinking of you and praying for you yesterday. Perhaps you were already feeling the sting of this day passing and you not knowing anything about your daughter. Are you wondering what she looks like? She is beautiful. Are you wondering how big she is? She is a little peanut. Are you wondering what her personality is like? She is full of life, quirky in some ways, but full of joy and energy.
How many times I have wished that I knew the full details of your story. Not just for my own heart, but for Jadyn's. Did you hide and watch for someone to pick up that sweet bundle at the gate of the orphanage? Or, was it just too much to even do yourself? We will probably never know the circumstances of how and why, but I have to believe in my heart that you love her and wanted the best for her. You see, I believe that before the very foundations of the world were placed into being, our child had a destiny. Her destiny was to be conceived, carried and delivered by you and received, nurtured and raised by me. If there was only a way for me to offer peace to your heart today. Your sweet girl is beautiful, healthy, happy and loved. Oh, how she is loved.
Today, I will cry tears of joy and thanksgiving. I have so happy to be her Mommy and so thankful that God saw fit to bring her into our lives. But I will also cry tears of sadness for you. Hardly a day goes by that I don't think of you, but today of all days, you are especially close to my heart. What we share as Mothers, is a bond that can never be broken. I know that the God I serve can bring you peace and comfort and I pray often that He will grant you this peace. I have such a tender spot for you and today, I will think of you often.
The joy that this child has brought into our lives is unspeakable. When I look into those beautiful almond shaped eyes, many times I think of you. I pray today that as this day comes and goes that you will be comforted. That God will provide you with a sense of peace and comfort that can only come from Him. That He will help you to know that your daughter is happy, full of life, and dearly loved by so very many people. Thank you, dear woman, for the gift that we share. That gift, our daughter, is the very beat of this Mother's heart. What an joy to be given the opportunity to parent your child. For this, you will always hold a special place in my heart. But today, especially today, I am humbled by your sacrifice. Thank you for your gift of life.
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! Your Mommy loves you dearly...
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Dear Birthmom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Amy, simply beautiful. Enjoy this precious day! Suzanne Kroeker
As an adopted child, I thank God daily for all the blessings He has given me. I especially am grateful for the two lives I have been given. (1) for life, that my birth mother chose to give me life abundantly by putting my needs before hers and (2) for the life my adoptive mom/dad gave me. How any more blessed can one be? Adopted children are really more fortunate because we have been given "two" lifes. The gift of life itself and then the gift of living that life with wonderful parents. Praise God for His wisdom and love!
I am a birth mom. I stumbled across your letter and read it with chills down my spine. Thank you for your words to a woman you may never know. They comfort me.
Post a Comment