Thursday, August 19, 2010

Last Day in Guangzhou

It's almost 4:00pm here in Guangzhou and it's our last day here. We are waiting for our guide to bring Isaiah's passport with his entrant Visa to the US. He is picking it up from the Consulate today as well as dropping off our dear friends, the Lockwoods. We were quite sad to see them go. We have had a great week with them and have loved getting to know them better. We have a lot of things in common, so it makes us perfect traveling buddies.

I still have my death of cold. Feeling quite miserable actually. I'm coughing and can't breath through my nose. Isaiah's cough is better, but he still has a runny nose. He is acting quite normal though and is very much a typical 2.5 year old. He continues to amaze us and we laugh at him often. He parrots everything and cracks us up. He rides well in his stroller and can destroy a plate of stir fried broccoli in no time flat. We are SO ready to be home and Seth is anxious to get back to Bangkok. While it will be very hard to say goodbye to him on Saturday, it's much easier knowing that he is excited about getting back home too.

We leave in the morning for Hong Kong. We will be taking the train to HK and staying all night there. We made reservations today and we hope that it's not the Motel 6. Our time in China is coming to a close. It's been a tough trip. With not feeling well and being so far away from our girls and Zachary, it's been harder than normal. I like everyone to be under one roof. We are about to go out to dinner. I'll leave you with a few pics of us and Kevin, Sarah and Michael Lockwood. We also did the infamous red couch picture today. I'll try to post some of those tomorrow.

Can't wait to see you all!







3 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Safe travels home.

Amy Maze said...

praying for you all and your sickness(es). I know how miserable and homesick you feel at this point. You've been in my thoughts so much this week.

Laura L. said...

I am so glad you'll soon be on the way home. I know you'll be so relieved to be home with your children.
I have so enjoyed watching your China trip. Such a blessing just to hear about it. Isaiah is such a beautiful boy.