We are doing well and we are so ready to come home. Isaiah is terrified of the pool and get in the water for anything. The WS has a great pool and it really stinks that he is so afraid. I have come down with some sort of a head cold and cough and Pat is dealing with stomach issues. Pray for all of us as we are not feeling too well and ready to get home. Each time that we skype with the girls, it gets harder and harder to be away from them. And I am sure that Max, the man dog, is missing his Mama terribly. I miss him too.
Isaiah is doing well. He will not let me comfort him in any way when he is upset. But, he lets me do everything else for him. I take him to the bathroom, feed him, dress him, help him brush his teeth, bathe him, etc. But, comfort, not a chance. If he is upset, he only wants Pat around. He got up about 4 times during the night last night but wouldn't let me get him out of the bed or pick him up at all. I have had the conversation with many adoptive moms that this can happen and you can expect it to happen to some degree. Sometimes it's much worse. Jadyn wouldn't let me have anything to do with her for 3 days. It was extremely difficult. Even though I am experienced in this area, it doesn't become any easier. It's just plain hard to see him sad and then be pushed away by him. But, at least he is seeking Pat for comfort. But, I'm still sad. I'm trying not to let it get to me, but I must admit it does at times.
We went to a large market yesterday that is off the island. It was quite interesting and is very "China". If you want to experience the culture of China, you have got to get off the Shamian Island. We walked through a large medicine market which was filled with things such as dried sea horses, herbs, mushrooms and plants and spices. Everyone wanted to sell us saffron. The market also had a very large "pet" section. Yes, that is what I am telling myself, they are pets and nothing more. They do have shops that sell pet food, so that is a bit encouraging. A lot of the dogs were pure bred dogs, schnauzers, golden retrievers, poms and poodles. There were some long haired and siamese looking cats also. So, they were all pets, I am sure of it. I hope.
Our paperwork is being delivered to the consulate today and we will go for our consulate appointment tomorrow. We are shopping for a stroller that is decent priced for the trip back home. We have one borrowed while we are here now. He is just too heavy for us to carry around and he prefers to be carried over walking. But, he rides in the stroller great. Never an issue so far.
Prayer requests:
Continue to pray for healing of Isaiah's little heart and that he will allow me to comfort him.
Pray for our health. I am not feeling well and Pat has had some stomach issues. Isaiah is developing a little bit of a cough and had a little stomach trouble this morning.
Pray for safety on the trips home for us and for Seth. He will be leaving for BK the same day we leave.
Pray that Isaiah does well on the plane home.
We love you all and miss you terribly. We will be home Saturday and cannot wait.
Monday, August 16, 2010
Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Praying for a safe travels and improvements in your health. As an adoptive heart mommy, I'll be especially praying for your son's precious little heart. Hugs.
We love you Hoods! Just want you to know we are also praying. What a precious boy God has blessed you with! Can't wait to meet him one day! (and the others too :)
Post a Comment