Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Can I Have a Do-Over?

We have managed to wait so long that we are having to redo our paperwork for the immigration service. Out I171H, which is our approval to bring an orphaned child into the states expires on 2/15/07 and it must be valid through travel. Quite frankly, I don't think that ours will be, so here we go again.

We must be refingerprinted (FBI), which we have already done, to the tune of $210.00 and then onward to more papers. We are required to have an update on our homestudy, new police clearance letters, new financial statements, new medical exams (all of us), and report of our taxes from last year. We are required to have a face to face meeting with our social worker, which Pat and I are doing Wednesday morning. We have to go downtown to Bethany's office, with paperwork in hand, give her our updated information, a check for $545.00 and when our updated paperwork returns from immigration, we're good for another 18 months. Lord, please don't let it take that long!!

Yes, I am awake again in the middle of the night, and tonight I am thinking of everything that has to be redone. Random, huh? Maybe one day I will sleep normally again, who knows? I guess I'll sleep better just in time to be awaken by a 1 year old.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Jason took a tylenol pm last night because he has had trouble sleeping and needless to say he was still comotose this morning! Could help! We are praying daily for you guys and baby Jayden.

dreamingBIGdreams said...

I was just thinking these crazy sleep patterns will be perfect for when she comes home!