Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Greetings from Beijing!


WE'RE HERE! And we still can't believe it. Pat posted some pictures on his blog so be sure and check them out.

Man, what a trip. We are having a great time so far, but everything just pales in comparison to the real reason that we are here. My mind is on one thing and I'm having a little trouble feeling the excitement of everything else around us.

We had a great visit with a M family last night and this morning. They are doing an incredible work running a foster home. I so enjoyed seeing the children and visiting with them. All of the 12 children in their home are special needs. They are just so precious. We arrived at the hotel this afternoon and have been out walking the street looking for dinner. The guys ate at McDonald's and I opened the lid of a grilled chicken (?) sandwich that just didn't look to suit me - to much unidentifiable things attached to it. Oh well, the picture on the box looked good. Anyway, I don't think I will starve. I had part of a mashed blueberry muffin that I saved from the plane. :)

Remember to check Pat's blog for more pics. Remember to pray for our little girl. We're so ready to get to her. We love you all and we'll post more tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! I know that Jadyn will love all of you and adjust very well. You already love her so much and she will feel that love. God's timing is perfect as you know, and He will comfort her as she goes to new places with her new family who adore her.

I know you can hardly wait for Mother's Day to get here....what a blessed day it will be!

praying for you all,
Debby Carathers

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys! I am sure you will be so busy the next couple of days that the time will fly! The children on your and Pat's blogs are absolutely precious- Wish you could bring one home for me! I can't wait to hear all of your stories from this experience. Just a few more days till you are holding Jadyn.YEAH!!!

Megan said...

Amy- I am so glad you all are on your way! What a special Mother's day for you! I have been wanting to tell you quickly about an idea of friend of mine had when she adopted her little girl 2 years ago for Kazakstan. While they were there she purchased 18 items native to that country and each year on "Family day" the day they adopted their little girl she gives her a gift from Kazakstan. I thought that was a neat idea and wanted to pass it along. Enjoy your trip.
~Megan Gonzalez

Ruth said...

It was amazing seeing you guys this morning in China, technology WOW. Tonight as I drove home from church I just cried thinking about her. I can't wait to see her!!! Everyone was asking about you guys at church. I hope the next two weeks go by fast. Love to all five of you.....Ruthie

Unknown said...

ok- you look too cute.