Today is my 42nd birthday and boy, am I feeling my age, plus about 20 years. Let me tell you about the sense of humor of the God I serve.
When I was born, my Mom was 42 years old. As long as I could remember, she always said "you were not an accident, you were a blessing". Get real Mom, who has a baby at 42 and means to. I always laughed at her for being so "old" when she had her last baby, especially since the rest of her children were 14, 16, and 18.
Well, I guess the laughs on me. I am 42, a new Mother of a 13 months old and my boys are 14 and 20. Now who's laughing. I am, because it's one of the most joyous times of my life. Yes, I am exhausted. I'm not as young as I use to be you know. Either that or I'm just too old to remember how hard it is to have a 1 year old. Maybe that's the senility setting in. :) What a joy my family is. The boys are great with Jadyn and she adores them. And likewise, they adore her.
Yes, today I feel 42. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel 32, but I doubt it. My back hurts, maybe because my heart is SO full. God has blessed this family with a precious little girl that was created just for us.
Friday, May 25, 2007
Happy Birthday to Me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
hi amy.
it was nice to get to meet you, Pat, and Jadyn on Wednesday night. She is so beautiful, very precious!
Happy Birthday.
i am thinking of that tobey keith song .."I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was." .... You have a fabulous b-day and I think you look like the happiest 32 year-old mom EVER or is it 22 year-old ... hee hee ...enjoy every moment...
I'm so glad there is someone else out there that can share my pain. I had always said that I was going to be a young mom and I was for awhile. Had bio children by the age of 28. Then God decided that I would then become an older mom. Having a 19, soon to be 18, 16, 14, 6 1/2 and 2 1/2. I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. Have fun, I think it will keep us young at least that is what I'm hoping for. Hope you had the best birthday ever.
Yo
Happy Birthday, Amy! I can't think of a better gift than your sweet Jadyn.
Hope you had the best birthday ever! I guess this year's Mother's Day and birthday rank pretty high on the list of best ever! I have enjoyed following your journey to Jadyn on your blog. She is so precious! Keep posting those pictures!!!
love the pic's. She is precious. So glad she is home. Haven't you heard 40 is the new 20 at least that is what I say. So your 22 which would make me 6 years younger so I am in my teens, never mind i would rather be 36 then in my teens. Happy b day.
this is a beautiful post.
Post a Comment