You Know You're An Adoptive Parent When . . .
1. The fact that there are 143 million children without a parent to kiss them goodnight has made you lose sleep.
2. You realize DNA has nothing to do with love and family.
3. You can't watch Adoption Stories on TLC without sobbing.
4. The fact that, if 7% of Christians adopted 1 child there would be no orphans in the world, is convicting to you.
5. You spend free time surfing blogs about families who have experienced the blessing of adoption.
6. It drives you crazy when people ask you about adopted child's 'real' parents.
7. You have ever been 'pregnant' with your adoptive child longer than it takes an elephant to give birth. (2 years!)
8. You had no idea how you would afford to adopt but stepped out in faith anyway, knowing where God calls you He will provide.
9. You have ever taken an airplane ride half-way around the world with a child you just met.
10. You believe God's heart is for adoption.
11. You realize that welcoming a child into your heart and family is one of the most important legacies you could ever leave on this earth.
12. You know what the word 'Dossier' means, and you can actually pronounce it!
13. You have welcomed a social worker into the most private parts of your life.
14. You shudder when people say your child is so lucky that you adopted them, knowing full well you are the blessed one to have him or her in your life.
-Author unknown
I found this on another website and perhaps this is why it is 4:06 a.m. and I have only slept about an hour and a half. Okay, God, let me in on it. I know it's You keeping me awake and I have prayed for the orphans of this world throughout the night, what next? As you can see, I already have my photo post done for the day also. And that was hours ago!
Friday, April 04, 2008
Sleepless in Smyrna
A
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
My time is 3:30 A.M. For me, I know specifically who to pray for and that is our daughter Susannah who we are waiting for from China. I totally understand. I have that list posted on our website too: www.youbelong.net/theirwins
I live in Franklin, heard about you from our pastor at Thompson Station and really feel compelled to talk to you about orphan ministry. Sounds crazy I know but I am praying for an opportunity. Never have put anything like this on a blog. Really.
Leslie,
Oh, the sleepless nights of adoption. I thought once we had Jadyn home, that my sleep patterns would improve. They actually did for a few months. But, lo and behold, here I am again, up at night, often times nearly all night. God has put such a burden on my heart for the orphans of this world. He is making a few things very clear to me during this time. Thanks for your post, I would love to talk with you some time about orphan ministry. Email me directly at amyrhood@comcast.net any time. I would love to spend some time chatting.
Praying for your ministry,
Amy
I posted this awhile back ...Everyone is so true ...Scott and the boys went out of town .. I have been on computer all day researching Ethiopia blogs while the girls destroy the house ... WHAT GOOD AM I THESE DAYS!
Post a Comment