Somewhere in China, a woman that I have never known is thinking of a beautiful baby girl that she gave birth to two years ago today. I know nothing of her, except that she is beautiful and that she loved her daughter. I know that she is beautiful by simply looking into the face of her beautiful daughter. She loved this baby girl that she had just carried 9 months and given birth to so very much. How do I know, because she chose to give this baby girl a life. Did she place her baby girl at the gate of the Fuling SWI herself, or was it to painful so she allowed someone else to lovingly place her there? My heart breaks for her today, as I am sure that it will for the many April 13's to come. What is she feeling today? What is she thinking? Is she able to concentrate? My prayer for her today, as well as most days, is that she has the peace that only a loving God can give her. I pray that she knows in her spirit that her beautiful baby girl is exactly where God meant for her to be. That she is loved, adored, and cared for. That she is the light of our lives and has brought us more joy than we could ever describe. I pray that when she places her head down on her pillow tonight, that Jadyn's China Mommy will rest, that somehow her load will be lightened, and that when she whispers the name that she gave her that we will never know, that she will know that she is loved. Thank you, my dear woman, for choosing life for your daughter, my daughter...I pray that you know the gratitude that I have in my heart for you. Praying for you sweet peace.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Oh my! How eloquently spoken. Happy Birthday to our sweet Jadyn. Please give her a birthday hug and a kiss for me!
XOXOX
Sissy
This is the sweetest thing!! Jadyn has a wonderful birthday -- it is mine, too!! :)
I was at outreach tonight at church and in a 15 minute span of time someone asked me if I knew you.
One was a friend who is adopting and has a heart for orphan ministry and she really feels led to talk to you. I think she found your blog because my pastor read an e-mail I sent to him about Pat's blog post about Dr. Hubbard one Sunday morning during his sermon. (I just realized none of that may make any sense!) I also gave Lesley Gwen Oatsvall's e-mail address.
The second person was a woman who is looking for a church and I had mentioned FBC to her. She visited this morning and LOVED IT! I chuckled because she said, "It was so 'hip' for a 'First Baptist Church!'" :) She also said something about your family growing in the future.... :)
Anyway, Happy Birthday to your sweet precious one!
Have a great week!
Dori
P.S. What I meant to say was "two people" asked me if I knew you. At 42, I can't think straight anymore! :(
Dori
Birthdays have always been a day of reflection for me as well where Aidan & Teagan are concerned...more so than even our 'adoption/family day'. It's just that 'mother's heart' that you know..regardless of the reasons behind their relinquishment...they think of these children that they birthed.
Happy Birthday Jadyn! We love you!!
So sweet and definitely needed the "kleenex alert" at the top for us weeper types!
I am so excited for you and Pat the the kids. God is so cool and amazing and, well I am just excited!
Happy Birthday Jadyn!
God's blessings and his vision often walk hand in hand. Today, as Pat spoke about your upcoming adoptions, I kept wiping tears. I look at you... I see the love exude from you. Two more will be blessed to be in the shadow of that profound love from you and Pat. SO SO blessed by it.
Thanks Amy for sharing the journey with us...
amen sister ... there are some very special women in China and i always pray they know the love their girls are receiving and i hope they find their way to the Lord so we can meet them one day ...
Post a Comment