Okay, so we can't seem to decide on a name, so, I'm taking a poll.
You can cast your vote above on your favorite name for our African princess, or make a suggestion in the comments. We will not publicly criticize you name ideas - we'll save that for the privacy of our own home! :)
Here is the thoughts behind the names - because you know we can't do anything randomly or just because.
Eliana (Hebrew-God has answered) Kate (just like the name)
Remember that Jadyn is Hebrew for "God has heard" Smart, huh?
Emmye (again, just like the name-no meaning) Elizabeth (Consecrated to God - did not want this baby to have a name that meant absolutely nothing, so we agreed on Elizabeth - which is a great feat these days)
If we name her Eliana Kate - we will call her Ellie Kate
If we name her Emmye Elizabeth - we have several options on what we will call her. Emmye Beth being one of them.
If we name her Elizabeth Kate - we will call her either Lizzie Kate or Eliza Kate (and Alison, that's kind of like Aliza )
So, what do you think. Go ahead, cast your vote, but don't be offended if we don't use your favorite, we're like that you know! And, for the record, we are certainly open to suggestions. If you can come up with a name that we LOVE and AGREE on, then I'll do something very special - like monogram your underwear or something.
Sorry if you have already voted, I added the other name to the poll and had to remove the other one. So, you can revote if you want.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


25 comments:
I'm voting for Ellie Kate, even though I know a few other babies who are about to be named or have just been named Eliana. I like the sound of it.
I also wanted to re-vote for a name that was in the running before Jadyn...Aliza.
I vote for Emmye! It's different and cute. Like Alison said, we are about to have several Eliana's, not that that matters. Also, I'm not big on the planned nickname(purely a personal opinion). That comes from working in a doctor's office and classroom. It tends to complicate things.
One other thing, I've tried the embroidered underwear thing, and it didn't work out to good! ;0)
I voted for Elizabeth Kate. I love the name Lizzie. Just my two cents ... Elizabeth Jane after the elder sister and favorite sister in law on your side of family. Patsy
I'll be watching your poll closely. Since we DON'T know what we're having, we have to come up with two names. This isn't an easy task for one of us, so I can use all the help I can get!!:)
Oh, and I voted for Ellie Kate. I like double names.
I'm voting for Emmye Elizabeth. I am a little partial to those two names since Emmye is close to Emma and we have Elizabeth (Lizzie for short). I'm sure whatever her name is it will be perfect for her and have special meaning to you. Keep giving updates. Those of us that aren't there love to hear how everything is progressing.
Rather than vote on what is in front of me, it is more in my nature to suggest something totally different, so... What about Shaunna ? This is a variant of Sushanna which is a name with Ethipian origin meaning "princess" -- while at the same time Shaunna means "God is gracious" or "gift from God" in Hebrew. Love the two meanings in one name. There is your African princess who is a God's gracious gift to you.
We have an elizabeth Grace and call her Eliza. I love it because we do not hear it that much.
I like Eliana, because of the meaning, that is cool. How God heard then answered.
I am voting for Elizabeth Kate - I am Elizabeth Katherine and I have always loved my name. Nicknamed Betsy Kate throughout the years.
I voted for Elizabeth Kate...just plain Elizabeth...not shortened to Lizzy or any other nickname. I totally agree with whoever said nicknames tend to complicate things. Why not name her whatever you are going to call her and call her whatever you name her????
You know me well enough not to ask for my opinion unless you really want it??? I always have an opinion and I always tend to express my opinion...so for whatever it's worth "Elizabeth"
We'll love her no matter what she is named. (Even if it's Jane)
Love,
Sissy
Well, I voted for Elizabeth Kate mainly because it's almost the revers of Katelyn's name, which is Katelyn Elizabeth!!
Ha...Loren will be tickeled to know you added Elizabeth Kate to the list. :) I have always like Emmye you know..but I do like Lizzy-Kate as a nickname for 'Elizabeth Kate'. I'm not a big nickname type person, but some names just scream 'nickname'. :)
tickled* I sure wish there was a spell check option on these comment boxes. :)
"Emma Kate" is a great name as well..., but out of your choices, I voted for Eliana Kate. You haven't mentioned on your blog lately where you are in the process...are you getting close to your referral? We are at about a year & a month waiting for China with ofcourse no end to our wait in site. We are hanging in there though & can't wait to bring our Mia Lynn home! Oh & I loved that photo from behind of Jadyn's first day of school walking up the sidewalk & how you can see her reflection in the glass door! What a perfect shot!Jen P.
Boy this is tough!!! I always love names that mean something... Of course, I am totally partial to anything with Elizabeth in it (since that's my given name.) :)
But I like all three...
Okay, so I'm a bit biased about "Elizabeth Kate", 'cause Ashleigh's middle name is Elizabeth, and her big sister is Katie, who I sometimes call Kate. BTW, Amy, you mentioned that you picked Kate "just because you liked it", which is a good enough reason for me! But I wanted to be sure that you knew that the meaning is "Purity" or "Pure One". That was one of the big reasons that I lobbied for Katie's name ... I LOVED that meaning! (She's really Kathryn, but all of the derivations of that name mean the same thing.)
While I decided on the names of my kids while they were in the womb, I have had friends who had two or three choices up to the time that they saw their child, & then one just "seemed to fit". That might happen for you, too ...
Love ya,
Amy M. :)
Eliana Kate is beautiful. The hebrew meaning behind the first name. I am a christian but was raised in a Jewish home. In jewish culture soon after your birth you are given a Hebrew name as well!
God Bless your family. You are in our prayers as you continue on thsi adoption journey!
I voted for Eliana Kate; I just love the common thread between God Heard and God Answered. Precious! Another cute nickname for this combo could be Eli (long i). Yes, I DO have a boy named that, so I might be biased, BUT we were going to call him that, even if he turned out to be a girl. I like the unusual. . . . Could that explain my love for you, Amy?
--Angie
Another Elizabeth Kate option..Libby Kate (if you're not thrilled with Lizzie).
Ok..some Hebrew names to spice up the 'pot'.
Eva- life
Elsie - God is my oath
Simone - God is heard
Samara - Protected by God
Analise - Grace/Devoted to God
Sadie - Princess
I love the name Ellie Kate ... so adorable ... I so love the name Evie also ... no reason except that if we named one of our girls after Nana (whose name is Evelyn ... Evie for short) ...
have fun w/ the process ...
I am in love with a new name I heard...Hadessah (which we all know from Veggie Tales is Esther's Hebrew name) and they call her Haddi. I think that is cool b/c she is could be called Haddessah when she's older...if she wanted. Haddi Hood is cute, too.
oh, I also like Eve.
I like something different so I vote for Emmye! Maybe spell it Emme?? Go for something crazy girl! I wouldn't go for a nickname or shortened name as it would be too confusing the rest of her life.
My fav name is Piper...Zoey would have been Piper but Jeremy got to choose! ha!
Sabrina
Amy, even though I am very late I want to vote anyway.Elizabeth Katherine puts it all together and "Betsy Kate"is the short version.Now,our Betsy Kate Junot,is just Betsy.However,she has a bag embroidered with her initials and it is bJk.I love it,let us know.We love you all, Bobbye Carol
Post a Comment