Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Weekend!

Yay, today is Friday.  I'm off on Fridays, so I love it when that day of the week rolls around.  It means that I've got the next three days to spend with my sweet family.  I LOVE Fridays!


I have been such a slacker when it comes to blogging.  I really do have a lot to say, I just go around, mumbling it to myself, and never actually get it on the blog.  But, I'm going to do better.  There, I typed it.  I am going to do better.  I have so many things that I think, I need to blog about that, but just don't take the time to sit down and get it on my blog, but things are about to change.  
So, allow me to sweep out those dusty, dark corners of my mind and get rid of a few things.  Then, I can start again, refreshed and renewed. :)

1.  Yes, I watched the inauguration and had very mixed emotions about the whole thing.  I am committed to praying for President Obama, his way of thinking on many things scares me, but he is our president.  I found myself very reflective and contemplative about how far we have come as a  nation and where we are.  No matter who you voted for, this was a big day for our country.  But, what "gets" me is that people see this as an end to racism.  Yes, we've come along way, but we are not there.  We have so far to go.  I plan on doing a whole post on the subject of racism in our world today.  This is something that has been weighing heavily on my mind and I've got a few things that I need to say.  Another post for another time!   

2.  I cannot keep the dust and crapola off of my wood floors.  Where does all this stuff come from?  I could sweep 10 times a day and it still looks dirty.  What's up with that?

3.  I desperately need a pedicure.

4.  And a massage.

5.  We have been on the waiting list for Ethiopia for 4.5 months now.  I'm tired of waiting.  

6.  I am not a very good waiter.

7.  It's 2:46 a.m. and I should be in bed, but I made the statement that I am going to be a better blogger and this is the only time that I have any peace on the computer.

8.  I think adoption is the greatest thing in the world that you can do for your family.

9.  I wish I had a pool.

10.  I think the fact that my daughter carries her purse to bed with her is the funniest thing in the world.  She is such a grandmother.  Her purse hardly leaves her side and it is crammed, and I do mean crammed, full!  The other morning Zac said that he needed lunch money, Jadyn spoke up and said "I get it, I get it" and opened her purse, pulled out a $10 Disney Princess Dollar and handed it to Zac.  Wow, if it were only that simple.  She had her purse on the table while she was eating breakfast.  It's just never leaves her side, or course, if I carried as much Disney Princess Money around with me as she does, it would never leave my side either.  Other items in her purse include, 3 hair bands, 72 socks, SilverMist fairy with a broken wing (we are saddened that she only flies in circles now but being crammed in a purse with 72 socks is hard on fairy wings), a golf ball (not sure where this even came from), thousands of Disney Princess Dollars, a spoon, and finally, a pad and pen.  She takes notes and names often.

I'm sure that I could go on and on, but after all, it is 3:00 a.m. and I hear my warm bed calling my name.  So, I think I'll leave it at that for now.  

More later...

4 comments:

Tony C said...

Love your blog! One suggestion...add a 'Follow Me' widget to make it easy for people to...well...follow your blog.

I'm in awe of your family. You can seriously feel the love in every picture.

God bless and have a great weekend!

Laura L. said...

Good heavens girl! You are more of a night owl than I am!

I got a kick of all of the things that came spilling out of your mind in the middle of the night. Wow. :)

Funny story about Jadyn and her purse. Hee hee.
Our Jadyn went through quite a purse stage too. Always carrying one around and stuffed with so much RANDOM stuff. Little girls are such collectors. She never carried it to bed though.

Keep on bloggin'! Nice to read your update.

Anonymous said...

Fairies that fly in circles..72 socks..you crack me up! Take some nyquil or benadryl and go to bed woman!! Probably wouldn't have stayed up so late had you known you would be missing your nap today, huh?!! LOL

Reading Rosie said...

I feel your 2:30 a.m. pain! That is when my mind decides to be active and the best thing I can do is write it all down. I keep my laptop by my bed for just such occasions.

Love the thought of Jadyn being just like an old woman with her pocket book. Too funny! If I had all that valuable Disney money, I'd sleep with mine too.