I am thrilled to say we are close to meeting our fundraising goal. We are about $1000-1200 dollars from having our adoption account where we need it to be for when we travel.
Believe it or not, after all we have already paid out (about $12,000 so far) we still have about about $15,000 left to go. Just typing that amount makes me shudder. We are called to adopt. We are no rich by any means, but we serve a God who owns the cattle on a thousand hills. And He has provided and will continue to do so. We are down to the last few weeks before we travel (hopefully) and we are oh so close. I had a yard sale this past weekend and raised $1005.00 – excuse me while I sing a little bit of the Doxology!! :) Can you believe that? God sent just the right people to make that happen. It was the hottest that I have ever been in my life, but it was SO worth it.
Here is what I have left in me to get this last little bit raised.
Necklace giveaway…you do NOT have to donate to enter, but it would be greatly appreciated. I received the necklaces in the mail today and they made me cry. They are so beautiful. Thank you Tracy for your beautiful work. You are truly a blessing.
T-shirt Clearance Sale – As you know we sold t-shirts and we have a few left. We would love for you to have one of these really cool t-shirts. They are the Save One or Serve One shirts. We believe that as believers, we should all play a role in caring for the orphans. These t-shirts raise awareness of the orphan crisis in this world. It’s overwhelming if you think about the 147,000 orphans in the world, but we can all make a difference in the life of ONE orphan.
Sewing – I am still working hard to complete the orders that I have. If I still have not got your dress to you, I will very soon. It’s on the top of my priority list AGAIN!! I’ll be contacting you very soon. I love sewing for people and hope that I can continue to do so after we travel and get Isaiah home. I plan on doing it in my spare time. :)
Thank you for walking this journey with us. It’s not an easy one, but the rewards in the end make everything worth while. Just look at that face… see what I mean?
Hang on Isaiah, you Mommy and Daddy are coming very soon. We love you very much and can’t wait to get you home where you belong.


2 comments:
Gena gave me your blog address. He is adorable! My husband and I returned from China in April with our daughter. Caroline is from Nanchang! What part of China is your son from? I am looking forward to following your journey! My prayers will be with you and your family.
Katrina
Hey Katrina,
When I was talking with Gena the other night she gave me your blog address. Your daughter is precious.
Isaiah is in Hengyang, Hunan. He is in foster care and has been for most of his time there. As you know, it's an incredible, yet stressful journey. Your prayers are certainly appreciated and welcomed.
Post a Comment