Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Curtains, Rugs, and Ribbons, Oh My!




Finally, I found a rug to go in Jadyn's room. I ended up getting it at Pottery Barn Kids at the Green Hills Mall. I looked and looked and went back and got one of the first ones that I looked at. Even Pat said "it matches perfect". He was quite impressed. I am just glad to have that step behind me.

I am working on the curtains as you can see. I have one panel made, but I am not satisfied with the way they attach to the rod. I used wood rings with clips. I don't like the space between the wood rings and the top of the curtains. I think that the space is too big. I have some ribbon that I plan to use on the top of the curtains, but I have to figure out a cute way to attach the panel to the rod. Any suggestions???

5 comments:

Alison B. said...

good pick on the rug. could you use velcro squares sewn to grosgrain ribbon and sewn to the top of the panels to make a smaller loop to go around the rod?

Ashley said...

Hey Amy- I love to check your blog!! What if you just attached the ribbon to the panels and tied them to the rod?

Jadyn's room looks great!! I am sure she will LOVE it!!

Becca said...

I'm glad you have creative friends to offer advice on the curtains--I'm not one of them. BUT I think the room looks great and I'm sure Jadyn will love it soon!!

dreamingBIGdreams said...

I don't have a clue on the curtains ... don't they have people that make curtains ... i never knew people made their own!!!

i'm not creative or handy at all!!!

Becca said...

OK, as I was sitting in church tonight I realized my comment might have sounded like I wasn't your friend. I really meant that I wasn't a creative friend. Just wanted to clear that up!!:)