

Here is a couple of pictures of the beautiful mural on the wall above Jadyn's changing table. Let me just say that I am THRILLED with the outcome. The mural was painted by a dear friend, Roseanne Peppers, who I have come to know and love through working at City Hall. She is an incredibly talented person that pulled the image that I had in my head and put it on the wall. What a feat! I sit and look at it and my mind travels to China, where Jadyn waits. I hope that it gives her a connection to the heritage that is hers. Developing a sense of pride in who she is and allowing her to see the beauty of the land where she was born makes me feel that I am giving something back to the country that gave us this child. Thank you Roseanne for the hours you spent and for each loving stroke, for I know that when you paint, you paint with love. Jadyn thanks you also!
Sunday, April 01, 2007
If These Walls Could Talk...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That turned out AWESOME!!! How she painted the curtains amazes me! It's like there are really sheer curtains hanging there because you can see through them! I'm sure Jadyn will love her room!! She'll be enjoying her room very, very soon!!!!
what a gift for her .. i am sure will enjoy it and the love of her heritage for many years to come ...
Amy - We're so happy for you and Pat. The pictures of Jadyn are terrific. I know as the time gets closer to going over to pick her up there will be even more excitement! Can't wait to meet this sweet face!
Bitz
Post a Comment