Thursday, May 10, 2007

Another Day Down!

We have another day behind us and we are exhausted. We are having so much fun and still can't believe that we are finally here. Beijing is such a modern city and we have been a bit surprised at how Western it really it really is. It's really not alot different than the big cities at home, just more bicycles! :)

Today we went to the pearl market which was pretty neat. Bargaining is the name of the game there and I think we actually walked away with some really good deals. I'm happy with our purchases. Seth bought some beautiful freshwater pearls to put up for his future wife (awww) and Zachary bought Jadyn a beautiful pink pearl bracelet (awww again) and both brought tears to my eyes a little. We left there and came back to the hotel and walked across the street to a coffee shop for lunch. The food has been probably the most interesting part yet. We have had one INCREDIBLE chinese meal (no forks, just chopsticks which was worth the price of admission itself) that was so good. The breakfast bar is very western, so every male in my family left there VERY happy and full of eggs and bacon. I left there full of watermelon and a hard boild egg! :)

After lunch, we went to the Chinese Acrobatics show which was pretty amazing. I got some pretty incredible pictures of the show and will get them posted as soon as I can. We have to head out early in the morning at 8:00am to go to the Great Wall and to the Cloisonne factory (Pat say's yippee on that too!) so the day will be full. We also have the Harley Davidson shop address written in Chinese to give to the cab driver, so an adventure awaits us I am just sure of it. I'll try to capture that on film also! So, it's 2:30 in the morning here, everyone is fast asleep except me of course. I better get back to bed to try and get a little sleep before I have to get up in just a few hours. We love you all!

Amy

5 comments:

Alison B. said...

love you guys!

lauraknight said...

Sounds like you are having a great adventure. Enjoy every minute!

Anonymous said...

how exciting it all seems...I can imagine you feel like a child trying to go to sleep on Christmas Eve....nearly impossible!
I'm praying for all of you and that Jadyn will know & love you immediately....and she will....God has chosen you to be her family and has already put you in her heart. What a blessing for all!

Jeanne said...

Hi Amy!
Just wanted to tell you that I'm reading, waiting and praying right along with the other couple hundred people....so ready to see your beaming face as you hold that beautiful baby girl....on Mother's Day! How GREAT is our God?

I don't know if you remember....but a couple of years ago we had a conversation over lunch at a women's retreat about our children and how our hopes and dreams for another child differed from that of our husbands. You probably don't realize, but that brief few moments talking with you greatly impacted me and really helped changed my perspective. It became easier after that to let go and turn it over to God. He knows my heart as he knew yours. And I'm finally okay knowing His plan for our family is so much better than what I think mine is.

All of that (with tears streaming down) to say I am sooooo very happy for you guys. And I'm so very amazed at how God loves us and how faithful He is to us. Thank you for sharing your journey.

Tell Pat Rick and I said hello!

Tiffany said...

Ohhhhh ~ I bet you are already hold that sweet little Jadyn! I think you are at least 10 - 11 hours ahead of TN time so, maybe not quite yet. I cannot wait to see pictures of you all and Jadyn.

Happy Mother's Day Amy!