Thursday, May 03, 2007

Photography 101


Pat and I bought a new camera to take with us to China and I am so excited about it. It is a Canon XTi, digital SLR and it takes incredible pictures. Yesterday, I spent the morning with my friend Alison doing a crash course in photography. Alison is a wonderfully talented photographer and I guess I can just hope that maybe a little of her knowledged rubbed off on me. Anyway, here's a little sampling of some of the pics that I took yesterday. I'm pretty proud of them. Thanks Alison for your wonderful help and a huge thank you to Katy, who was a very cooperative model for our photo shoot. Good girl, Katy, good girl.

4 comments:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

YOU DID GREAT ON THE PICTURES, NOW DON'T FORGET TO USE IT IN ALL THE EMOTIONS OF THE DAY !!!

Alison B. said...

hey amy, you did a great job.
don't forget, the camera doesn't take the pictures - YOU do. no great pictures without a great photographer. can't wait to see your pictures from china. are you sure there's no room in your suitcase for me to stow away?

Beckyb said...

Can't wait for you to travel - how fun- GO AND ENJOY!!! What a blessing it will be!!!

Ruth said...

I love pictures and I can't wait to see pictures of our new addition to the preschool ministry. I love her already and will be so honored to be a part of her life and her spiritual journey.