Well, here I sit in the Detroit airport, waiting on a connecting flight to Tokyo. We left left the house at 8:12am this morning and headed for the Nashville airport. We got up at 5:00 when the clock went off and I had only been in bed for about 40 minutes. I went to bed at 4:10am, whew, what a night. I guess it was a combination of nerves, emotions, and an endless list of things to do. I hope we make it to China with everything. I had a fabulous packing list and stuck to it pretty close. What a task, packing for 2 weeks in China for 5 people.
The whole thing seems very surreal. People have asked me repeatedly if I am excited and I am, but yet it just doesn't seem like it's really happening. We have waited so long for this day and it's finally here and I can't believe it. Go figure!
Most of the blog updates will be done on Pat's blog. I will probably update from time to time, if I put the baby down long enough :) otherwise, just look to Pat's blog for the updates and hopefully a little video. Pray for us, especially for safety and good health. Pray for little Jadyn, that she will transition smoothly and with no trauma. Pray that she will know our voices when she hears them and supernaturally feel a comfort that only God can place in her heart. Thanks for following our journey. We love you all and can't wait for you to meet our new daughter!
Monday, May 07, 2007
Oh, What a Night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
How Exciting!! Praying for you guys!!
Dear Amy,
Quite a surprise to hear from me I'm sure but, boy, have I been keeping up with you! I'm so sincerely happy for you -- for this day to come! I have to tell you that I have a memory of you. It was Mother's Day 2001. I was holding Lindsey -- a precious 2 weeks old -- and gave my testimony of laying down my desire to have another baby and God showing Himself strong for me and giving me exactly that -- a precious daughter.
I remember at one point in my talk that I looked down at you on the front row and tears were streaming down your face. I don't know what was said or done that triggered that emotion, but I do remember thinking that God surely must hear your cry and give you the desire of your heart -- whatever it was at that time.
He is doing it, Amy, this very weekend!! He knew and He heard and He has delivered!
With all that has been said and done, you remain one of my "mentors" from days past. I learned a lot from you in our days at FBC and I should have said "Thank you" a LONG time ago.
Anway, love on that sweet thing that I just know will not only know your voice but will look in your eyes and see her mother!
Blessings,
Dori
P.S. Your daughter and I share the same birthday! :)
I can't believe the time is here!
Have fun and take lots of pics! I can't wait for updates.
Hi, my name is Libby. I have been coming to FBC every Wednesday night for about a year now. I do not personally know you and your family but I do know of you all. You must know that I have a crazy passion to adopt from China one day whenever I get older. So when one of my friends told me awhile back that Pastor Pat was adopting from China, I was really excited. I hope to follow you all with your blogs while you are in China and maybe when you guys get back, I'll stop by the nursery and look in at your new little one!
Hope you have a safe and Blessed trip!!!
-misslibby1391@yahoo.com
we are so happy about the newest member of the hood family. we love ya'll and are praying for you.
Pat and Amy and family --
Praying for you daily and thinking of you, like HOURLY as you make this fantastic journey. What a blessing for God to let your Gotcha' Day be Mother's Day. He is so AWESOME. Will be following along frequently and praying just as often for safety, peace and ease of transition for all.
With love,
Maria Latham
Amy, I seen on Skype that you had called me a couple of times yesterday. Sorry I wasn't here to answer. I got all the equipment hooked up last night, at least the mic is working (can't really tell about the camera). I'll keep checking to see when you are on line and try contacting you. I'm going to have to be out quite a bit today, but I do hope we can connect. Love you all lots and praying for you every time you cross my mind (which is very often). Be safe! Love, Sissy
Post a Comment