Saturday, November 03, 2007

Pancakes, Football, and Cow Kissing!

Today was a super fun day. We started the day with our Saturday morning favorite breakfast food (well, Pat and Jadyn's Saturday morning favorite) peanut butter pancakes with cool whip. With that kind of beginning, I'm sure that your thinking that it just can't get any better - but wait, it does! We went to the Rec Park and watched Pat's football team play football. His little league team is in the play-offs, the semi-finals to be exact. They beat Franklin in over-time. I am much too old for over time games - my heart just can't take it any more. I needed something for a headache after it was all over. But, nonetheless, they won and will play their championship game next week! HOORAY Daddy! Football will FINALLY be over. (don't tell Pat I said that)

Next we went to the church for the Fall Festival. Let's just say that the highlight of the day was the petting zoo. Jadyn touched, man-handled, checked the teeth of, and kissed (yes, I said kissed) every animal in the pen, even the duck. Here's a run down of the animals she kissed -

  • a little brown goat (complete with horns) who was not particularly impressed with the kiss,
  • a white sheep, that was less than cooperative but was jerked into line when Jadyn grabbed the hair, fur, wooly stuff on either side of it's head
  • a black and white bunny
  • a black and brown sheep who wanted another kiss which is only expected behavior from a black sheep
  • a rather dirty, large pig who got a kiss right on the forehead
  • a black duck who's bill was grabbed and kissed before he knew what hit him
  • an alpaca/llama looking thingy
  • and finally her favorite - a sweet brown calf with big eyes. He got more than one kiss, I'm thinking there was a little favoritism involved here.

You are probably saying to yourself that you can't believe I let her kiss every animal in the pen, but I did. She thought it was great, the animals enjoyed it, and I'm almost sure that a germ or two won't hurt. But, never fear, we did clean our hands with hand sanitizer. Anyway, here's a few pictures from our very fun day.



By the way, check out her shirt. It says "I'm Famous in Chongqing". I ordered it off the internet and she proudly wore it today. She's pretty famous here too - at least to a calf, a duck, a bunny, a goat, 2 sheep, a pig, and a llama looking thingy, and oh yeah, a mom who allows her to kiss farm animals!

Later,

Jadyn, who kisses cows and Mommy, who lets her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go mommy! As long as she's not allergic to all those fuzzy friends...I say 'kiss away Jadyn!' I love her shirt..so cute. Hugs..and kisses. :)