Wednesday, April 23, 2008

They Say It's Your Birthday...

On Saturday, we loaded up and headed east to Knoxville for a Big Birthday Bash for our family members that have/will celebrate birthdays in April.


We left a little early and stopped by the Brockelman's house and visited with their family for a while.  Their daughter, Tia, is from the same orphanage as Jadyn and we  traveled together to pick up our daughters at the same time.  Jeff is actually Manda and Jeremy's worship pastor, small world huh?


Here is Jadyn and Tia with their "cheese" grins.

After a wonderful visit, we headed over to the Norris' house for our celebration. What fun we had. It is so rare that our family gets together, so I think everyone had a great time. I know I did. Here are some pictures from the day. We really should do this more often, I kind of like these people, why not spend more time together? It was great to see Stacy and Ben (my niece that lives in Asheville), they made the trek over on Saturday morning also. Also in attendance was my Aunt Nola and her husband, Walt. She is my Mom's only sister and looks so much like her. She is our only remaining Aunt. It was great to see her too. I've got some really great family.

They are all excited about our upcoming adoption and celebrating the homecoming of our little African Angel. Thanks Jeremy, Manda and Will for opening your home and making it such a special day. We love you guys very much and appreciate all that you did to make it such a fun, special day!


I've thought a lot about the day, my family, the closeness, missing Seth and wishing he was there, our daughter in Ethiopia and many other things. It was just a really good day. Thanks everyone for making it special.

The Hood's

5 comments:

Sissy said...

Ditto...Ditto...Ditto!!! Saturday was such a great day. It was so good to see everyone. I know we are "that ignorant bunch of Onnie's" but it is wonderful to be a part of that bunch! We have so much fun and love and support each other totally! With Manda's and Jeremy's hospitality I hope we can do this at least a couple of times a year! I did miss Michael and Seth but talked to both of them on my way to Knoxville. I was totally shocked when I answered my cell phone and it was Seth.

PS. You're a great sis and I love you!

Sissy

Nikki said...

Hi Amy! Just wanted to make sure you got my email!!

Nikki :)
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com

Gwen Oatsvall said...

what a fun day ... what a blessing to have family supporting you bringing home another angel .. i have a few blogs of people i have found adopting or adopted from Ethiopia i will try and send you in an email ... talk to ya soon ...

Mandi said...

What great pics. Looks like yall had a great day. You are like me and changing the look of your family lol. And more of it to come.

Anonymous said...

Saturday was a lot of fun. It was so nice to see everyone. The cake was so clever. That was the first time Ben and I had met Jayden. Cute, cute, cute. It really was kind of Amanda and Jeremy and Will to have everyone to their home. It is a perfect middle ground for everyone traveling. I am so happy Aunt Nola and Walt were able to come. See you next birthday party.
XOXO Stacy