
What a fitting day to talk about love. So many things have rolled around in my head during the past two years and one in particular is thoughts of love. How important love is to our lives. I was fortunate to grow up in a very loving family. Saying "I love you" was something that was spoken sincerely and spoken often. That is something that has carried into my marriage. I love to hear the words I love you. One of my favorite children's book is Guess How Much I Love You and it warms my heart. It is the story of Big Nutbrown Hare and Little Nutbrown Hare and there debate of which one loves the other the most.
"I love you all the way down the lane as far as the river." cried Little Nutbrown Hare. "I love you across the river and over the hills," said Big Nutbrown Hare. That's very far, thought Little Nutbrown Hare. He was almost too sleepy to think anymore. The he looked beyond the thornbushes, out into the big dark night. Nothing could be farther than the sky. "I love you right up to the moon," he said and closed his eyes. "Oh, that's far," said Big Nutbrown Hare. "That is very, very far." Big Nutbrown Hare settled Little Nutbrown Hare into his bed of leaves. He leaned over and kissed him good night. Then he lay down close by and whispered with a smile, "I love you right up to the moon - and back."
I use to tell my dad "I love you up to the sky and down to the ground" and that's alot of love. When you experience that kind of love, it gives you a glimpse into the love of God. How can I love a child that I have never seen and that another woman carried and gave birth to, but yet the love I feel for her is as deep as the love for my boys? It is a love that can only be placed in your heart by a Holy and loving God. I cannot even fathom how much the Father loves us, but for this love, I am forever grateful.
How Deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure.
That He should give His only Son,
To make a wretch His treasure.
How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away,
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory.
Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders.
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished.
I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection.
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannon give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom.
Love... How thankful I am that I cannot possibly understand how much God loves me but one thing I know for certain, I do love Him "up to the moon - and back" I thank Him for teaching me more every day about love.
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Lesson 2 - How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh Wow! It was wonderful growing up in a family where love was so openly expressed. "I LOVE YOU" was spoken daily & many days more than once. We were so blessed! Happy Valentine's Day and I LOVE YOU!
Great post!
Hey Amy,
I just got an email from a friend about a website that a missionary from Asia gave her. www.asiaforkids.com
I thought of you when I read the email and when I went to the site...they have a Chinese/English bilingual version of "Guess How Much I Love You". Very cool site with lots of resources for kids. The other one she sent me was www.cultureforkids.com
Check them out!
Post a Comment