Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Better Day!

The excitement is building! Rumors are beginning to float around and right now they are all over the place. We are seeing everything from late this week to mid March referral arrival and nothing close to narrowing a cut-off date. This is very common for early referral rumors. This is where great patience is required.

One thing that I have to keep in mind is that they are exactly what they are and that is rumors. Nothing to bet your house on, just rumors. But when you have been waiting for almost 2 years, you grasp at anything that you can and hold on for dear life, especially if it is positive. And, with that, if it is not positive, you let it keep you awake at night. As I have been reminded almost on a daily basis since we began this whole journey in 2005, guess who is NOT in control and guess who is.

So, that is really all I have, which is pretty much nothing. Thanks for your concerns on my crying day yesterday, today is actually better. I still look quite tired, probably because I am. I was at the Y before 7:00am today and haven't stopped yet. Wednesdays are a little crazy for us, like most every other day. I have family coming this weekend and that IS exciting. Our church shower is Sunday and they are coming Friday so we can get in a little shopping before the shower. Ooohh, now that sounds like fun. Thanks for checking in on us and hopefully, I'll have a little more news tomorrow. Goodbye February, Hello March! This IS our month! Stay tuned, same bat time, same bat channel!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ince i am not familiar with thi process...what kind of rumors get passed around? do you hear of new births, or that ya'll are getting a referral soon? i'm very interested.

Sissy said...

I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Can't wait to see you, Pat & my boy. We'll all have a laughing good time. Remember the last time I was there??? You, me, Manda & Ashley laughed until we were limp and had to go out in the freezing cold to cool down. Manda is always a hoot!! See you tomorrow. Sissy

Worm and Da said...

So glad I can crack ya'll up! I'm looking forward to my girly weekend!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i got your present today ... well it really isn't for you, but it is super cute, pink, orange, white, green ... curious yet ??? can't wait for the shower !!!

Amy said...

There are several large discussion boards on line where people post from all over the world. Many agencies have contacts with the Chinese government (CCAA) and they will get out pretty good information to their clients. Also, referrals hit Europe before they hit the US, so you really sort of know when we will start seeing this information. We requested 0-12 months, but they have to be at least 6 months old before they can be adopted internationally. So, the referral rumors are always about when you will be getting your referral and what the next cut-off date is. Last time they processed through October 13, 2005 and we are logged into the systed October 21, 2005. They are a bit behind as you can see. It's great to hear from you and I LOVE your blog.