Thursday, March 22, 2007

Excuse me, but do you know where I can find...

...Amy Hood?

Well, one would think that I had fallen out of the blogosphere, but alas, I am still here. What a whirlwind 2 weeks it has been since we got the call. I can't even begin to describe what the last 2 weeks have been like. That's the reason for my lack of blogging, I have been able to form words. Our minds have been reeling and our eyes are constantly drawn to the picture of that sweet face that has melted our hearts. Did I mention that we are in love?

When Seth and Zac were born, the same exact thing happened. They placed both boys in my arms wrapped tightly in a blanket. In order to get a good look at them, I had to unwrap just to get down to the real thing. Those were grand and glorious days. On Tuesday, March 6, 2007, Jadyn Grace Hood was placed in our arms for the first time. And it was a grand and glorious day. It was a LOOONG labor, but the delivery was much easier - no staples - well, there were actually staples, but they were in the corners of the paper and not in my belly! The only difference in the three experiences is Jadyn came wrapped in a Fed Ex envelope instead of swaddled in a blanket. Everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING else was the same. The feelings of complete dependence on God coupled with extreme gratitude and thanksgiving were the same. The feeling of instant love, the kind that you would lay your life down for this child was the same. The feeling that I have never loved my husband more than I do right now was the same. The feeling that I have just laid my eyes on the most beautiful baby in the world was the same, and I have experienced it three times in my life.

Pat told me last night, in his very sweetest way, that he was "glad to be having another baby with me". Wow. What a feeling, we are having another baby and after many years of praying, we are seeing the perfect plan of the Father carried out at just the right time. It just leaves me speechless...

For anyone to understand a tiny bit of how adoption has touched our lives, you must understand one thing, if you don't understand anything else. Adoption is a calling. We have been called by God to adopt. If it were about us, then we would have never adopted. It took 3 years for God to reveal this to Pat. It is also not about my desire to have a little girl and it took God 2 years to reveal that to me. Or maybe, could it be, that it took us that long to figure it out? You hear questions throughout the process like why adopt, why international adoption, why don't you just have another child of your "own", can't you have children, why china, and on and on. Some people just don't get it. It is not about whether I can have children, whether I choose China, Vietnam or Ethiopia, or any other question. Adoption is too expensive, the wait is tougher than either one of my pregnancies combined and at times, the stress is near unbearable - but it's not about me. It's about the Creator calling a family to step out in faith and completely trust His plan. What a beautiful plan it is. If it were about me, I would have skipped all that and just spent my money on a pool. But God chose us to parent that little round faced, tulip lipped, fuzzy headed girl with black eyes that melts you heart. And God chose that round faced, big eyed, little Chinese girl to be our daughter. Before the very foundation of the world was laid, she was chosen to be ours and we were chosen to be hers. And for the plan of a very creative God, I will be eternally grateful.

Thank you for walking this walk with us, and if you were wondering about all the "whys", wonder no more. We are humbled to be chosen by God to adopt...it is an honor and a priviledge.

6 comments:

Sissy said...

Well said Sister!!! We're looking forward to Saturday, see you then.
Love, Sissy

dreamingBIGdreams said...

Love this post

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to hear a word from you and you said it soooo well!!!
Love, Dana

Unknown said...

this is a great post...you need to put it in her book. are the boys excited about going to china and having a new sister?

Tammy said...

God bless you for your testimony of His grace in your lives! What a blessing your story is to those of us on this journey of adoption!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i long to be at the airport when you step off that plane ... i am praying for you all... lol