Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happy Anniversary Chief

June 29, 1985, was the day that we promised before God and our family and friends to love each other for the rest of our lives.

23 years ago today, wow, it seems like a lifetime ago and then again, it seems like only yesterday. There have been many ups and downs in our marriage, but one thing remains true, we have continued to love each other with reckless abandon and live life to the fullest. What changes 23 years has brought us, spiritually, personally and physically. We have grown in our faith and our relationship with the Father by leaps and bounds. We have grown as individuals and as a couple, I love Pat more today that I ever did the day we married. It's amazing how love grows like that. 23 years ago, I didn't know that I could love someone like that, I can't wait to see what the next 23 years bring. :) Oh yeah, and we're in our 40's now, so if you are there, you know all about the changes physically. A wrinkle or two here, a pound or so there! But I must say, it all gets better with age.

Pat, you are the love of my life. Thank you for being my husband and my best friend. You're the one that I share my hopes and my dreams, my struggles and my frustrations, and my victories and my excitement with. We just get each other. Who would have ever though that we would be beginning again with a second family, traveling the world (COME HOME!), and still enjoying every minute that we're together (okay, most every minute).

Sometimes we argue, disagree and we always think that the other one is at fault, but one thing's for sure, we always love. I can't wait until you are back home with us, I've missed you terribly. Happy Anniversary Baby, I love you with all my heart.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats, you two on 23 years!!!! Here's to 123 more!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed your anniversary....congrats to both of you, you have a wonderful life, home, church & children...I love y'all & hope you have many more...Love, Annie

Laura L. said...

Happy anniversary to you! You're not too far behind us.

I've tagged you! Stop by my blog. :)